Video call is simple and intuitive to use and has a wealth of health consultation specific functionality. Attending a short training session will help you and your patients/clients get the most out of your video consultations.
Short Training Webinars
Webinars are a great way to learn online and we recommend you attend a short session to make the most of your Video Call experience. You can ask questions during the webinar and we provide follow up and support every step of the way.
We run targeted webinars for Health Service Providers and Clinic Administrators and also run RACGP approved training for GPs that attracts CPD points. Please select from the following webinar options to register:
Healthdirect Video Call essential training for service providers
We offer Video Call essential training for all users who will be joining calls with patients/clients.
All Video Call account holders - no prerequisite training or experience required.
To register for a session, please click on the link below:
What is covered:
- What is Video Call - an overview.
- Benefits of Video Call
- How Video Call works - mirroring the way patients attend today
- How patients attend via Video Call
- How to communicate with patients while they are waiting
- How to join a patient in your clinic's Waiting Area
- The Call Screen and tools
- How to include additional participants
Healthdirect Video Call training for clinic administrators
This session provides administrative training to clinic administrators.
People who will be administering clinics using configuration options.
click on the link below:
- Attendees should have the role of administrators in the Video Call platform
- Attendees must be familiar with the Video Call Platform
What is covered:
- Introduction to the Video Call configuration options
- Configure a clinic, call interface and waiting area
- Manage Team Members
- Configure Add-Ons
- Meeting Rooms
- Usage reports
RACGP and ACCRM accredited Video Call training for GPs
Healthdirect runs specific training for GPs and practice managers that attract RACGP CPD points and ACCRM Hours for GPs.
Suggested attendees: General Practitioners
What is covered:
- Introduction to the Video Call service
- Signing in
- Overview of the Clinic Waiting Area - sending the clinic link, caller information., sending notifications to patients
- Joining a call
- Call Screen demonstration including functionality
- Leave/End call
Please register for a webinar by clicking on the link below:
If preferred, you can watch our training videos in your own time and contact us with any questions you may have:
Training videos to get familiar with our serviceIf you would prefer to watch a video to get familiar with our service you can click on the desired options below. Our video page has a suite of videos available if you would like to know more:
For health service providers:
- How to use Healthdirect Video Call for healthcare professionals - 5 minute detailed video
- Sign in to Video Call
- Sign in to Video Call using SSO - for health service providers in organisations with Single Sign-on enabled
- Add a participant to your Video Call
- Sending the clinic link to patients and clients
- Apps & Tools - Share an image or PDF
- Leave Call to put a caller on hold
For clinic administrators:
- Essential configuration tasks for Clinic Administrators (please note this video uses the previous design on the platform and will be updated soon)
- Add and manage team members
- Configure Video Call Entry Fields
Train the trainer
Train the trainer sessions equip the people in your organisation who will be training other staff with the information and skills they need. To book in a session please click below:
Train the trainer sessions
These sessions cover both the essentials of Video Call and also organisation and clinic administration. This equips the people in your organisation that will be training other staff with the information and skills they need. To discuss your needs and book a session please contact Jude Cobb at email@example.com or call 02 9263 9074.Delete
Video Call quizzes
Once Video Call users are familiar with our service, either through training or watching short videos, they can test their knowledge by taking one of our short Video Call quizzes. There are three quizzes available, targeted for specific user roles in our service. The quizzes consolidate training and boost user confidence in using Video Call, knowing they have the information they need to provide video call consultations to patients and clients.
Please note: If you would like to speak to the Video Call team about running training specifically for your team or organisation, or if you have any questions, please call our support line on 1800 580 771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.